Bilingual Nurse Practitioner
Part-time Montreal, QC
Freddie is a health tech start-up that connects patients with physicians free of charge, through telemedicine. Freddie has built a direct-to-consumer telemedicine offering to enable this community to access HIV prevention medication that reduces the risk of acquiring HIV by 99%, just virtually. Our mission is an ambitious one: halving the spread of new HIV infections in Canada. HIV is on the rise in Canada, and over 50% of new HIV cases are in the LGBTQ2S+ community. Freddie was launched and is operated by PurposeMed Inc., a Calgary-based virtual care company.
We are looking for caring and compassionate Nurse Practitioners in Quebec to provide high-quality care to Freddie patients. This is a part-time remote role (10 hrs/week). This position will report to Parsa Kashani-Nejad (Clinical Operations).
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in primary care;
- Excellent communication skills and empathetic care delivery;
- Experience working in HIV prevention and/or with the LGBTQ2S+ community.
- Provide high-quality care to patients through our virtual care platform;
- Order lab tests and review the results;
- Patient charting in EMR;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the patient experience.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, advanced practice option, and a complimentary diploma in primary care.
Nice-to-Haves (not required)
- Experience working with gender and sexually diverse communities;
- Experience with virtual care;
- Experience working in the private sector, a start-up, or technology company.
What we offer you
- The ability to set your own schedule;
- Cash compensation;
- Being part of a kick-ass team that is committed to reversing the rise of HIV in Canada, and dedicated to providing affirming and accessible care to LGBTQ2S+ communities.
If interested, please forward your resume and cover letter to Freddie at email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We look forward to your application!