Integrative Nurse Practitioner
Part Time | Edmonton, AB
About the Job
What makes SMRT Health great? Our People! Each employee contributes to improving the lives of people by providing best-in-class mental and physical health services to our clients.
Demands on the Alberta health care system continue to grow, with an increasingly ageing population together with underutilisation of current workforce skills. SMRT Health is expanding our focus with a Nurse Practitioner Clinic (NP Clinic) with the vision of delivering primary care in a collaborative environment with a team of Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, and other healthcare professionals.
We pride ourselves on delivering superior care by listening to our patients, understanding their health goals, addressing the root cause of their health concerns and addressing all aspects of their health – mental, physical and emotional – and ultimately optimizing their health.
Come join us in supporting our patients to reach their full health potential, while working with a talented team of committed health care professionals!
SMRT Health is expanding our primary care capabilities by adding a Nurse Practitioner Clinic. We are seeking a highly committed, experienced, and dedicated Nurse Practitioner to join our team and provide high quality care at our busy clinic in Edmonton, Alberta. You will have the opportunity to work with a group of doctors and practitioners who will model and teach optimal health.
This is your opportunity to join in the success of SMRT Health NP Clinic. Bring your comprehensive primary health care skills to our Nurse Practitioner Clinic.
• SMRT Health NP Clinic has a flexible schedule for either full time or part time positions.
• Nurse Practitioner will work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Order and administer diagnostic tests including bloodwork.
• Provide complete medical assessments, diagnosing and management of common and complex health conditions.
• Prescribe pharmaceuticals, promoting health and preventing illness/injury.
• Review and interpret test results to diagnose health problems.
• Make internal and external referrals to other practitioners as appropriate.
• Recommend further treatment options or future appointments if needed.
• Provide after-care/ongoing care information and resources to patients and their families.
• Provide the patient with information and resources as needed.
• Understand complex chronic illness and functional medicine.
• Ensure clients receive the highest quality care they need and deserve, delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability.
Benefits of Joining SMRT Health:
SMRT Health provides a competitive total rewards package in addition to:
• Flexible schedule
• Great work life balance
• On-site parking
• Paid Lunches
• Relocation assistance
• Busy clinic – start seeing patients immediately
• Competitive compensation with all overhead covered – Paid bimonthly by direct deposit.
• Working alongside highly skilled and experienced health professionals
• An incredibly supportive, collaborative clinic environment
• Marketing: we will help you grow
• Clinic is outfitted with accommodating assessment rooms as well as up-to-date equipment and supplies.
• Fully stocked clinic: We take care of all clinics supplies and dispensary.
• Medical Office Assistant services: Full time
• Highly secure EMR
• Direct Billing services provided
• Relocating? We would also consider partial reimbursement costs for relocating to Edmonton
• Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner (NP) program
• Registration with CRNA as a NP.
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP) certification.
• Excellent customer service skills in managing daily interactions with patients, physicians, and clients.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective time management and prioritization skills.
• Ability to adapt to fast paced environment.
Job Application Methods
About SMRT Health
SMRT Health Centre is a multidisciplinary Health Clinic with a team of talented health professionals working together for the sole purpose of supporting our patients to reach their full potential. We treat the whole person – mental and physical health – rather than just managing symptoms – to get to the root of the health concerns. We do this by listening to our patients and understanding their health goals, then developing a comprehensive treatment plan using traditional healing methods with modern scientific knowledge.
We pride ourselves on creating a supportive and calm environment for our patients, employees, and associates. The two characteristics that we embody and is pivotal to our patients and staff success are: Empathy and Commitment. Our clinic’s purpose is to connect with everyone we encounter. And this is the foundation of SMRT health.
SMRT Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to cultivating and promoting a work environment that embraces respect, equity, and opportunity for employees, clients, and the communities we belong to.
If this opportunity excites you and you would like to grow your practice with SMRT Health Centre, please email us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit the clinic website at http://www.smrthealth.com/