NP POSITION – NEUROLOGY
Full Time Toronto, ON
- Full Time Position – 5 days a week (40 hrs) per week
- Position Start Date: As soon as possible
This is an amazing opportunity to work directly with a very experienced neurologist providing outpatient care in a wonderful neurology practice. You would work closely and under the direct supervision of a neurologist in a busy and well-established outpatient neurology practice in North York, Toronto, helping with consultations, follow-ups, and clinical office-based tasks.
- STRONG WORK ETHIC: You must be extremely reliable, very hard-working, and responsible with an energetic and positive attitude toward patients and co-workers.
- WRITING SKILLS: You must have SUPERIOR WRITING SKILLS IN ENGLISH as a primary role of this position will be writing consult and follow-up narrative format notes. Your written English usage must be flawless.
- BEDSIDE MANNER: You must have excellent interpersonal skills, with the temperament to always be professional and empathetic no matter the clinical situation.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: You must be adept and able to thoroughly learn the Telus PS Suite EMR and learn to utilize it to maximize clinic efficiency.
CLINICAL DUTIES will include but are not limited to:
- Office consultations: perform comprehensive and problem-focused history and physical examinations; review patient chart; write a thorough, well-written consult note
- Office follow-ups: perform comprehensive and problem-focused interval history and when indicated focussed physical examinations; review patient chart; write a thorough, well-written follow-up note
- Office duties: returning phone calls from patients, handling prescription refills, counselling patients regarding scheduled treatments; completing government and insurance forms related to patient care (MoT, WSIB, EAP, etc.); maintain safe working environment by complying with policies and procedures.
NON-CLINICAL DUTIES will include but are not limited to:
- Support, advise regarding best practices in the delivery of care.
- Assess and improve quality of patient outcomes through evidence-based practice.
- Assess, develop, implement and evaluate process/practice improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to and ensure the development and maintenance of policies, procedures, practices and performance standards.
- Contribute to clinical and professional development through mentoring and coaching of office staff (RPN or RN and secretaries/business manager).
- Must hold valid licence and qualifications to practice as an NP in Ontario, Canada.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members.
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to learn and optimize use of the office electronic health records (EHR) system, Telus EMR preferred.
- Satisfactory references required. Criminal background check may be required.
- Negotiable based on experience
Please apply via email, quoting reference “NP Neurology” in the subject heading of your email to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file for up to one year should another suitable opportunity arise.