FTE Thunder Bay, ON
We are currently seeking a 1 FTE Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC), who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team will provide services within the RN-EC scope of practice at the Thunder Bay site. There is a strong practice emphasis on disease prevention, health promotion, education and community partnerships.
- BScN in nursing from a recognized University.
- Certificate in the extended class from the CNO.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures.
- Experience providing service within walk in clinic setting an asset.
- Experience in mental health and addiction issues.
- Experience with providing care for the vulnerably housed and significantly health disadvantaged populations.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a combination of remote rural, hospital and community settings and/or public health.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Flexibility in work hours is required and ability to work at different sites.
- Awareness of northern community health care needs.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Experience and knowledge working with the Centre’s priority populations.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 4:30 pm.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, Manager of Human Resources, CHRL
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637 E-mail: email@example.com
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.