Nurse Practitioner – Primary Care
Full Time | Napanee, ON
Area of Assignment: Convalescent Care
Basic Function and Scope:
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a Registered Nurse (Extended Class) who has successfully demonstrated his/her competence as a Primary Healthcare Nurse Practitioner and has obtained a comprehensive knowledge base in Nursing. Successfully demonstrates the core competencies described in the Canadian Nurses Association Core Competency Framework. The Nurse Practitioner will practice within his/her full scope of practice as outlined in the Standards of Practice by the Colleges of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). The Nurse practitioner may be providing services to patients in a virtual format in some circumstances if care warrants
• Current Certification of Competence with College of Nurses of Ontario, Registered Nurse Extended Class;
• Nurse Practitioner’s Certification from a recognized program;
• Baccalaureate in Nursing (B.Sc.N.), Masters of Science Degree in Nursing (M.S.N.) preferred;
• Current Certification in B.C.L.S;
• Willing to obtain certification in A.C.L.S. that will be offered on site.
• Minimum of two years recent clinical nursing experience relevant to chronic disease management, emergency care and/or urgent care;
• Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral);
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
• Knowledge and familiarity with computer skills;
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with members of the health care team;
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal, critical decision making and problem solving skills;
• Contributes to the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and educational programs;
• Ability to analyze and interpret valid research findings in clinical practices;
• Ability to function in crisis situations;
• Ability to work with interruptions/distractions, with constant readjustment of priorities;
• Ability to work in rapidly changing environment/turnaround times;
• Ability to meet mental demands in crisis management/stress management, conflict resolution.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
Job Application Methods
If you are interested in applying, please submit your updated resume and cover letter quoting the job posting reference number in the subject line to email@example.com. For a complete list of duties, responsibilities or inquiries please contact Human Resources at 613-354-3301 ext. 456 or at the email address listed above. We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices – please notify the above if you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process.