Nurse Practitioner – Registered Nurse
Full time | Brandon, MB
Working in Community and/or Long Term Care, the Nurse Practitioner applies advanced nursing and medical theory to the provision of clinical care, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing medications, and performing minor invasive procedures. Promoting healthy living, preventing illness/injury or disability, clinically managing acute and chronic illnesses and practicing collaboratively in multi-disciplinary settings are key functions of this role. The Nurse Practitioner provides comprehensive primary health care services to clients/residents and their families.
The Nurse Practitioner functions within the Vision and Mission of Prairie Mountain Health, and Primary Health Care Principles, along with the Registered Nurses Act – Extended Practice Regulation, Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses on the Extended Practice Register, Competencies for the Registered Nurse (Extended Practice), and the Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
The Nurse Practitioner may provide itinerant services on the Mobile Primary Care Unit as well as to surrounding communities. Hours of work may include days, evenings, and weekends according to the needs of the program.
* Master of Nursing-Nurse Practitioner stream or equivalent educational preparation as approved by the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM)
* Active registration on the RN (EP) register of the CRNM
* Experience in management of chronic diseases and acute illnesses in various settings (community, long term care, acute care)
* Minimum of four (4) years experience within the last six (6) years of directly related experience in a primary care, long term care, community health nursing, northern nursing, and/or ambulatory care nursing setting with an emphasis in primary care services (primary and secondary prevention, intervention, maintenance, support, and palliation)
* Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred
* Demonstrated leadership skills, expertise, and in-depth knowledge consistent with advanced nursing practice
* Proficient clinical skills in assessment, physical examination and nursing intervention
* Knowledge of available community resources
* Knowledge of community development principles and practice
* Ability to establish relationships based on mutual respect and trust
* Knowledge of Harm Reduction principles and practices
* Strong organizational, decision-making, and problem solving skills
* Ability to work collaboratively with all health care providers
* Ability to exercise independent judgment, and recognize when consultation is needed
* Must be competent with Windows based programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
* Demonstrated communication skills
* Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
* Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
* Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within the Prairie Mountain Health
* Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
Job Application Methods
Go to https://prairiemountainhealth.ca and click on Careers!
Select Find a Career and then filter to view all available Nurse Practitioner positions.
Next, fill out an online application form!