Nurse Practitioner – Safer Supply
Full Time | St. Catharines, ON
General Responsibilities: We are seeking two Nurse Practitioners (RN-EC) to work in our Safer Opioid Supply (SOS) program. This program has been funded to September 30th, 2023, with possible extension. The Safer Opioid Supply (SOS) program provides clients using street-based drug supply, who are at high risk of overdose in the community and of medical complications due to drug use, a regulated supply of prescription opioids to reduce overdose and overdose deaths. The Nurse Practitioners will work within a harm reduction framework to provide assessment and treatment for SOS clients and work with the broader SOS team in providing wrap-around support for each client.
• Conduct assessments and provide health and harm reduction education as needed.
• Prescribe SOS medications as per the protocols.
• Perform assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counselling and other clinical activities such as primary care.
• Work with other providers on the SOS team including physicians, nurse practitioners, social workers, outreach workers, addiction counsellors, peer support workers, paramedics, and Supervised Consumption site staff to coordinate client care.
• Engage in collaborative community relationships to facilitate patient access to services.
• Document client assessments, procedures and follow up per the CNO standard.
• Participate in chart reviews and case conferences.
• Contribute to the development of SOS clinical protocols and the evaluation of the program
• RN (EC) training from a recognized program
• Current registration as a Registered Nurse (EC) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Experience in a community setting or combination of community, hospital, or public health settings
• Knowledge of harm reduction principles an asset
• Ability to de-escalate conflict an asset
• Confidence in asserting and maintaining strong boundaries
• Proficiency in the use of electronic medical records
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Respect for the diversity of communities and individuals
Job Application Methods
Forward resumes electronically to the attention of David van Velzen, REACH Executive Director, to Davidv@reachniagara.com. Resumes will be accepted until June 30, 2022