Nurse Practitioner – Temporary Full Time
Temporary Full Time | Regina, Sask
1.0 Temporary Full Time Position – Start date negotiable to April 4, 2024
The Saskatchewan Cancer Agency is an independent health organization with a proud 93 year history. We believe that by providing leadership in health promotion, early detection, treatment and research for cancer, we advance toward a healthy population free from cancer.
Under the direction of the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency Clinic Associate Team Lead, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides comprehensive direct patient care. In conjunction with the interdisciplinary team, the NP will use advanced knowledge and decision-making skills to conduct comprehensive health assessments, to formulate diagnoses, interpret diagnostic tests, implement clinical care with a high level of autonomy. The NP collaborates with others to support patient navigation in the access of cancer services, care of patients receiving curative therapy as well as supporting patients requiring palliative management.
– Successful completion of an approved NP program at a minimum of a Master of Nursing level or equivalent.
– Successful completion of the Controlled Drug and Substance Act Module (CDSA) from Saskatchewan Polytechnic or Athabasca University. Where this is not complete, the successful candidate is required to complete within one year of date of hire to the position.
– Level C, Basic Cardiac Life Support
Minimum 3 years of clinical experience relevant to oncology and/or palliative care and/or acute care.
– Registered with the CRNS and licensed as RN (NP)
– Canadian Oncology Nursing Certification (Preferred)
Job Application Method
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume entitled “NP – Temporary Full Time” to: Kasia Magnien, Human Resources Consultant at email@example.com
Questions can be directed to the above noted email or by calling (306) 766-2814