NPAC NP Council meeting minutes – July 10, 2019

NPAC NP Council meeting minutes – July 10, 2019

Download the meeting minutes

NPAC Executive Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

July 10, 2019 7:30PM EST (8:30 – 10:30 AST)

LOCATION Teleconference  QUORUM (Y/N) Y
ATTENDEES Lenora Brace, Teresa Chulach, Alison, Jinelle
REGRETS Lindsey, Stan, Carolle 
Introduction & opening Lenora opened the meeting at 7: 32 EST     
Approval past minutes April 17, 2019 Motion to approve: Jinelle Seconder:  Alison                    Approved  
Approval of Agenda  Items to add Motion to approve:  Alison     Seconded:                 Approved  
ITEM -completed Discussion ACTION Required
Reminder:  Recovery email –    
Bilingual Website: All translation is completed.    Duncan is working on building the site. Duncan continue to work on this    
ICN NP/APN  2020 – 1.Sponsorship Bronze $5000,000 not taxable – 50% paid- remainder due March 2020 2.A full conference registration will be drawn for a new member and a renewing member     
Advocacy lead federally prior to fall election. Cindy Fehr from Manitoba has an interest in this. Do we want to ask her to take the lead with the NP council leadership? (Lenora & Lindsey NPAC supports Cindy moving forward with Advocacy work.   Note:  When writ is dropped – an association must be silent. Lenora will communicate with Lindsey.   Lindsey to    communicate with Cindy to begin Advocacy process. Possible committee formation.
Membership software option: (Stan) Guild membership platform proposal Regular member: $50.00 + tax   Associate member: $55.00 + tax Student: $20.00 + tax Cost of stripe / Cost of member   Deferred – Tabled
Taxes are filed by accountant for this year.  (Lenora) Grace, the accountant’s assistant wonders how the association hasn’t been assessed by CRA. A previous treasure in NB was contacted by CRA re 2014. Apparently, there is a form to be filed annually to CRA to keep directors’ updates with them Jinelle and Teresa worked together to prepare information from CRA    Grace will ask Matthew about the form we need to be updating. Consistency with an accountant and bank is important and QuickBooks needs to be continued and maintained.  Jinelle – When there is Director change must submit the CRA “Change of Directors Form’.    All the information has been mailed to CRA.   All BOD’s have been updated to CRA per Jinelle (Treasurer). NO further action needed at this time.
Project home page messaging:  re   1) importance of NP’s sitting at the National Table; & 2) importance of NPAC-AIIPC membership   We need someone to take the lead on this project. Communications director is ideal for this. Carolle – Deferred – Carolle sent regrets  Tabled 
Follow-up with CNA – NP Insurance Barriers (Stan)    : Josette’s email           CNA new Lead: Government Relations: Sarah Nolan Discussion re usefulness of someone presenting at an Insurance Conference.   Federal level looking at what provinces is doing. Work needed at the provincial level.   Continuous updating being done re the number of nurse practitioners in Canada.  . NPAC: Current numbers of NP’s in each jurisdiction was gathered from the regulators. Record of date gathered is important.  Licensure changes daily.  
Decide on date for AGM: (Lenora) Sunday Sept. 22?  Afternoon or evening?    30 days’ notice on website and by MailChimp and to NP Council. Do we offer the $100.00 draw?    AGM Preparation – June 5, 2019 7 pm EST: Bylaw amendments are ready. Stan will monitor responses during AGM and provide vote response.  Only regular members will receive the login to the page link with Bylaw amendments voting platform in google forms Jinelle will provide the Treasurer report and a Budget Stan will you provide an overview of number of members per province and territory. Reveal strategic plan—in development.   Discussion re meeting on a Sunday evening: Suggestion:  6:00 pm EST  4:00 pm (Alberta) 3:00 (BC) BOD encouraged to actively engage people PRIOR to this meeting.   Do we want to add the Bylaw changes that directors are included in the AGM quorum?    Quorum will be 20 voting members and directors combined; 50% of directors required.    Executive assistance is seeking options for our teleconference meetings – something that is user- friendly for the AGM.   Discussion re benefit of 1 person to joining online – in order to make note of attendee names. This is a web address. Presently using Pragmatic conferencing.  Lenora will also be in contact with Pragmatic conferencing.               Lenora will send this to Kerri (Executive Assistant) to put this on agenda of changes.   Information re various options for teleconference meetings will be obtained from Kerri NPAC BOD can re-evaluate at the August meeting.    Lenora to be in contact with Pragmatic conferencing.
Current Two-Year Terms as Directors: Teresa [FT]        Jan 2018 – AGM  2020 Secretary Stan [2nd FT]      Jan. 2018 – AGM  2020 Membership Lenora [PT]        May 2018 – AGM 2020  President Alison [PT]         July 2018 – AGM 2020 President Elect  Lindsey [PT]       Sept. 2018 – AGM 2020 NP Council Chair Carolle [FT]        Jan. 2019   – AGM  2021 Communications Jinelle [PT]          Feb. 2019 – AGM 2020 Treasurer      
2020 AGM (Lenora) during the ICN NP/APN Conference in Halifax, Nova Scotia  Potential for 4 new directors or renewal if necessary. A call will need to be sent out June 2020.   Anne Keller, venuewest event planner   August 30 – Sept. 2, 2020.   We need a date and estimated timing, as well as an estimated number of attendees and required set-up.     We can co into more details regarding Food & Beverage and AV in the future                We need to have numbers of those in attendance as well as those that join from a distance. 50 suggested as an estimate.       Lenora will communicate to venuewest event planner:  Plan for 50 participants    Technology needed: microphone and a way to connect via distance.
Strategic Focus Titles (Lenora) *Advocacy *Collaboration with National Stakeholders *Engagement with Nurse Practitioners *Support for Canadian NP Associations  *Sustainable    *Value *Visible     
Quarterly Newsletter by communications director; input from Board. to include Treasurer report  sent by EA via MailChimp to members; website post Treasurer report simplified version prepared for website quarterly end months March, June, September & December.  Each new report will replace the previous one.   Were the June reports done and sent to be on website?  Jinelle will send to report to Duncan for posting   Lenora will contact Carolle re June newsletter.
Approved meeting minutes:  NP Council & BOD meeting: Posted:  members only section website: 1-year duration Brief minute taking. Bilingual highlights:   Carolle. Lindsey & Teresa – send minutes to Duncan to link when ready and after deciding if Carolle will do mini translation.       
Submit for expense reimbursement for out of pocket costs and include receipts. Don’t put expenses on NPAC Visa care on your expense claims.    All invoices and expense claims to be sent in a separate email to: Send all invoices to Kerri & Jinelle are organizing in QuickBooks. Reimbursements are e-transferred by Jinelle to you. Question about meals while doing NPAC-AIIPC work: Do we cover per diems OR reimburse receipts?    Discussion re declaration of costs on the expense sheet – Decision:  must have receipts for exact amount. NO pre-diem    Kerri will clarify on expense sheet form   Lenora will look at how wage coverage is done 
  Wage coverage for directors attending national table events. NOT conferences (Lenora)   Discussion: re BOD having to negotiate time away from work paid to do the NPAC work –  
May 27, 2019 in Montreal, Quebec for 2019 Choosing Wisely Canada National Meeting: Taking Action (Lindsey – a brief update)  Defer – Lindsey away Choosing Wisely wants NP to review Choosing Wisely lists annually Lindsey to discuss next meeting.
NPAO conference: Toronto, Sept.  12- 13, 2019    ?
NPAM Conference – Winnipeg November 15-16, 2019    ?
Newfoundland Conference?     ?
Advocacy: Pan- Canadian Vision for Nursing Roundtable National invitation from PNATF Discussion on next steps (Lenora) Discussion – report NPAC to remain actively involved.  Regulators will be in touch with NPAC in the fall re generalist entry for NP’s    
Physician assistant  Discussion – re collaborate as NP Discussion re: Difference in roles  PA rate vs NP rate  The way payments are made MD — incentive in Nova Scotia for PA Suggestion: Draw attention to the NP role that is easily interpreted by the public.    
NP – Pie Chart / Bar graph Discussion re which visualization preferred   
AGM – September 22, 2019?    AGM Proposed date Sept.  22, 2019
Lyme Disease Letter —   Teresa: Draft letter
July 12 meeting with CIHI   Lenora to attend 

Adjourned:  EST:  9:48                                                  Adjourned     

Next BOD: Wednesday, August 28, 2019:   7:30 – 9:30 EST (8:30 – 10:30 AST)