Full-time Burlington, ON
|Department:||Surgery – Heart Function Clinic|
|Shifts:||Days (Monday-Friday. Hours of work subject to change)|
ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL:
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. JBH is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara’s Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team (OHT).
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
JBH has an exciting full-time opportunity for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Nurse Practitioner who wishes to work in the vibrant Burlington area providing care to patients in the Heart Function Ambulatory Clinic.
The Nurse Practitioner Extended Class (NP-EC) is a component of Joseph Brant Hospital Strategy to provide high quality and timely care to the patients who present with heart failure and their families. The RN (EC) will also assist the program, its staff and its partners in change initiatives aimed to enhance nursing practice and improve outcomes for our heart failure population. Reporting to the Director, Surgery, Oncology & Ambulatory Care the NP-EC will work in a collaborative practice model with all of the JBH Cardiologists who support the Heart Function Clinic to assess, monitor, provide intervention, education and support to patients and their families within the scope of regulatory practice as delineated by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
The NP-EC in Heart Function Clinic will primarily attend to the needs of presenting heart failure patients and will collaborate/consult with the Physician The NP-EC will provide leadership and promote excellence in patient-centered nursing care through expert practice, education, consultation and research.
- Current registration in the Extended Class (NP) in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- A Masters Degree in Nursing and completion of an Acute Care or Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program required.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification required.
- Member of the NPAO preferred.
- CNA certification in Cardiology preferred.
- Member of the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario preferred.
- Previous experience as a CNS and/or ACNP preferred.
- Current or recent clinical experience of at least three years working with adults in an outpatient or community setting preferred.
- Current or recent clinical experience in cardiac patient management and working with frail elderly patients with multiple co-morbidities preferred.
- Currently holds a cross appointment at McMaster University or demonstrates a willingness to obtain.
- Research experience an asset.
- Program planning, development and implementation an asset.
- Experience in change management an asset.
- Demonstrated advanced clinical assessment, diagnostic and reasoning skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience related to adult education.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a collaborative multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated understanding of quality improvement processes and LEAN methodologies.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and team building skills.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written presentation skills.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality and availability.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #201138. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
JBH is committed to and supports practices that are inclusive. HR will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested.
Should you require accommodation through the application and/or recruitment process, please contact HR for assistance at email@example.com or at Ext. 4129 to allow opportunity for appropriate accommodations to be made.
Posting Date: January 6, 2021
Closing Date: January 13, 2021
Posting #: 201138